Monday, August 12, 2013

Setting Up A "Getting Rid Of It" Station

I'm on a mad dash to get things organized and settled before we hit the books again in September. This summer has been beyond crazy with moving, family events, and normal summer activities. I plan on spending the next couple of weeks gets things back under control. I came across Organized in 365 by The Happy Housewife via Pinterest and started scrolling through her tips.


At the top of the list was creating a spot in your house to stash items on the move. Things that need to go back to mom's, those pesky store returns, and small items that are in limbo between your house and the local thrift store or CraigsList.
I've had this in the back of my mind for a while now and decided today was the day.

I whipped up some cute tags using free printable paper I found here and iPiccy (which if you haven't used it you must go check it out!). I decided to use three different boxes: give, donate, sell.


Fortunately the tile floor was just finished in our laundry room, freeing up an entire shelf that was previously housing tile supplies. I figured I better scoop it up before it was piled high with jumk. 

I will most likely add a fourth crate at some point when I decide what I need it for.


Time: about 30 minutes
Cost: Free!! I've had the crates since highschool, they've been used for a hundred different things. I created the tags using free digital paper and iPiccy online (also free). I generally don't count printing costs or laminating sheets into my projects, these are just things I always have around. The miniature ric-rac came from my stash of scrapbooking supplies. 

"I love it when a plan comes together!"
~Hannibal


No comments:

Post a Comment