Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Word of the Year


I'm a terrible goal setter, and while I do make a strong effort as January 1st rolls around, I've generally moved on to other things by February.  A couple of years ago words of the year were flying around blog land. I loved the idea but bogged myself down trying to do too many things.  This year I'm going to give it a try again using two words that are already an integral part of my day, but that I want to expand upon and make more time for.  2013 had some HUGE changes for our family, we moved (major downsize), The Mister earned his RN degree and returned to work along with beginning classes for his bachelors, and I started working for an online business which means for the first time in eight years I get to be a stay at home mom, sort of.  

My focus words this year are:


This year I'm going to focus on organizing (creatively!) areas of my life which will hopefully lead to better habits, more time for leisure (I got some new scrapbooking gadgets I'm dieing to try out), and finished projects.  I've already dug in and have a few small accomplishments under my belt that are keeping the motivation strong.

Next week brings a new semester of college for The Mister, and the boys and I are returning to our homeschooling schedule, which I'm excited to embark on as it's one of the things that I've already been rethinking and reorganizing.   

 My first step towards organizational bliss...revamping my command center and getting my calendars ready for 2014.   

What goals are you hoping to accomplish in 2014? 




No comments:

Post a Comment