Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Scrambled Zucchini

It wasn't until the ripe old age of 27 that I discovered my love for zucchini.  That's a lot of years to be missing out on a culinary treat! While I like it many ways, this is one of my favorites. It's an easy breakfast (or lunch, or dinner) to throw together, and it packs a big helping of veggies and protein.

I like to use olive oil rather than nonstick spray. Pour a small amount of olive oil into your pan and give it a minute or two to warm up.

While the olive oil is heating, dice up a small/medium zucchini. I will also use sweet peppers if I happen to have them on hand. The peppers take longer to cook so if you choose to use them, make sure you add them to the oil a couple of minutes before the zucchini.

Once the oil is warm add your peppers if you're using them and then the zucchini. Toss every few minutes until it starts to soften.

Once the zucchini is starting to soften, break two eggs into the pan.

Stir everything together and let cook until the eggs are done, stirring every few minutes.

Top with shredded cheese and pepper.

What is your favorite way to cook zucchini?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh we have a garden full of zucchini right now and loads of eggs from our chooks... so this recipe is perfect! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete